**BREAKING** Reports Of Second US Journalist Beheaded By IS


horrific video Tuesday that appears to show the beheading of 31-year-old Steven Sotloff.

horrific video Tuesday that appears to show the beheading of 31-year-old Steven Sotloff.

The freelance journalist was last seen in Syria in August 2013 until he appeared in a video released online last month by the Islamist group which showed the murder of fellow American journalist James Foley, who was also beheaded.

Sotloff appeared dressed in a similar jumpsuit in Tuesday’s footage which was entitled A Second Message To America.

A masked figure in the video warned governments to back off “this evil alliance of America against the Islamic State”.

Sky’s Dominic Waghorn said Site, a US video monitoring agency in Maryland, said the video showed Sotloff being beheaded by the same man, believed to be British, who killed Foley.

White House spokeswoman Jen Psaki described the reported act as a “horrific terrorist act”.

She said the video was yet to be verified – and would not be drawn on whether current events meant the US was at war with IS, formerly known as ISIS and ISIL.

Ms Psaki said it was clear the US was concerned by the threat of IS to western and Middle East interests which is why President Barack Obama was working towards building a coalition to address the threat.

British Prime Minister David Cameron said: “I have just seen the news. It is an absolutely disgusting and despicable act. I will be making a statement later”.

More follows…

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/islamic-state-militants-behead-american-journalist-report-article-1.1924883

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/03/world/middleeast/steven-sotloff-isis-execution.html?_r=0