#AceSocialReport – April.02: Here’s the tech news you need to know going on in the world of social media.
1. The EU is preparing to file antitrust charges against Google in the next few weeks. It could fine Google $6 billion.
2. GoDaddy shares jumped 31% on its market debut. Shares opened at $26.15, up from its IPO price of $20.
3. President Obama unveiled a new sanctions program designed to stop foreign hackers. He said that the threat from hackers is a "national emergency."
4. Facebook has launched a new app called Facebook Riff. It lets you send short videos to all your friends.
5. Apple has been granted a patent for a system that lets people unlock their iPhones with a selfie. It’s similar to something that is already on Android phones.
6. Social media management company Sprinklr raised $46 million in new funding. Its valuation is now up to $1.17 billion.
7. Photos and details of the new LG G4 phone may have leaked online. It looks like it will compete with the Samsung Galaxy S6.
9. Apple is asking TV networks to handle and pay for the technology behind livestreaming shows online. Apple reportedly told networks that it wants to concentrate on building the hardware and software for Apple TV.
10. Shares of Jay Z’s music streaming service Aspiro rose 938% on Tuesday. But investors faced losses of up to 90%.
Disclaimer: This article is not all written by ACE NEWS GROUP.