Now this should be fun! I do weekly Pre-match reports and after game reports as well as random articles on players, the team ect for Glasgow Celtic Football Club vie The Celtic Network on ‘Football’ I won’t call it ‘Soccer’ as 95% of Earth call it Football, the other 5% comes from the USA who call it Soccer. American Football is a sport I have watched, I know the rules, but it’s boring! In reality only 12 minutes of actual game time is played as the rest is a turn around, in-between plays etc. I watch Gridiron and I get bored very easy. When you watch Football and report on it and it’s been your life for 30 years, it becomes easy! I read a few REAL Super Bowl reports and apart from players I understood it well, sport is sport, tactics are tactics, sadly, just my opinion, American Football is just too slow, I know the Super Bowl is a whole different thing, it’s when people pay ridiculous amounts of money to have a half time advert on TV.
The problem with the Super bowl is simple, it’s too Hollywood. It is a money maker 1st and a sport 2nd. I speak to a few guys from all over the USA, some like American football, others don’t, many like Basketball, Baseball or the NHL. The only sport I can say I enjoy are NFL games, it’s end to end, never stops and is enjoyable, the only issue I have with the NHL is players fighting, I know it’s part of the game but does it not come into the kids game?
From where I sit Seattle Seahawks are the favourite, and the betting on it seems to show they are favourites to win the game, but like any sport, when the main prize is on offer, when it really matters, some players fall into the lights showing the game, floodlights we call them here, or a Rabbit caught in the headlight. I always asked my players to NEVER play the occasion, sure, take it in before, warming up must happen, but lap up the experience of a big game there. Once the game starts it’s the team who have more focus on the day who win, you win as a team, you lose as a team, this is the fact on team sport Worldwide.
We often mock American football as a game for cowards, the amount of protective gear worn is unreal, I am sure some big dude hitting you on the run at 15Mph will hurt regardless. But when we compare American football to Rugby and Aussie Rules, we see these guys are as rough as American football players, often worse, but wear no protection, here let me show you
NFL vs Rugby Hits
Via Nick Molinari on You Tube
NFL vs AFL (Australian Football League)
Via TKforthewin on You Tube
So good luck to the fans of both teams, I might watch the full game or highlights when in the morning. It never really caught on here. There is a European League for American style football, many US young kids who are heading for stardom are sent over here to learn to play against adults, some do well, shine and go home to make it good and make a lot of money, some go home and get farmed out more than a cow in a farm. It’s the same in all team sports when you send a young kid out on trial, as we call it here
Give me ‘Fitbaw’ Scottish for Football ANY DAY. It’s something I love, know, understand and it was a HUGE part of my life. Football is more tribal, 150 years+ old and has more meaning to the fans. I think so anyway, you tell me
25 Of The Worst Fouls and Tackles In Football.
Via xBackoftheNetx on You Tube
The dirty side of Old Firm: Fights, Red Cards, Dives & Fouls!
Via Football Side of Things on You Tube
My Team, who I write about – Celtic FC – Goal of the season 2012/2013
Via Celtic FC on You Tube
Join Ace News on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/acenewsservices/
Shauny’s Hangout: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Shaunynews/
Living With Chronic Illness’s: https://www.facebook.com/groups/699321140156812/
Scotland News: https://www.facebook.com/groups/scot2.scot/
Celtic FC Latest news: http://thecelticnetwork.com/